(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Tons ||Global Rank |
| ||18,739,270 ||67th in the world |
| ||0 ||N.A. |
| ||18,787,634 ||30th in the world |
| -18,787,634 || |
|18,418,223 || |
|81,080 || |
| ||18,337,143 || |
Coal Reserves in Italy
See also: List of countries by Coal Reserves
only 19 million tons (MMst) of proven coal reserves as of 2016, ranking 67th in the world and accounting for about
0% of the world's total coal reserves of 1,139,471 million tons (MMst).
Total Coal Reserves in Italy are less than even a single year of coal consumption (18,787,634 tons as of 2016), making Italy highly dependent on natural Coal imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 67th
| Share of World: 0.00 %
1 years of Coal left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Coal Reserves in Italy
Coal Consumption in Italy
See also: List of countries by Coal Consumption
- Italy consumes 18,787,634 Tons (short tons, "st") of Coal per year as of the year 2016.
- Italy ranks 30th in the world for Coal consumption, accounting for about 1.6% of the world's total consumption of 1,139,471,430 tons.
- Italy consumes 309,705 cubic feet of Coal per capita every year (based on the 2016 population of 60,663,060 people), or 849 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Italy consumes in a year 1.0 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 18,418,223 Tons of Coal per year (in 2016).
Coal Production in Italy
See also: List of countries by Coal Production
- Italy produces
0.00 tons (short tons, "st") of Coal per year (as of 2016) ranking 67th in the world.
- Italy imports 98% of its Coal consumption (18,337,143 tons in 2016).
History of Coal Consumption and Production