United Kingdom Coal
(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Tons ||Global Rank |
| ||77,000,000 ||61st in the world |
| ||4,605,231 ||33rd in the world |
| ||41,459,830 ||21st in the world |
| -36,854,599 || |
|9,362,712 || |
|489,094 || |
| ||8,873,619 || |
Coal Reserves in the United Kingdom
See also: List of countries by Coal Reserves
The United Kingdom holds 77 million tons (MMst) of proven coal reserves as of 2016, ranking 61st in the world and accounting for about
0% of the world's total coal reserves of 1,139,471 million tons (MMst).
The United Kingdom has proven reserves equivalent to 1.9 times its annual consumption. This means it has about 2 years of Coal left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 61st
| Share of World: 0.01 %
2 years of Coal left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Coal Reserves in the United Kingdom
Coal Consumption in the United Kingdom
See also: List of countries by Coal Consumption
- The United Kingdom consumes 41,459,830 Tons (short tons, "st") of Coal per year as of the year 2016.
- The United Kingdom ranks 21st in the world for Coal consumption, accounting for about 3.6% of the world's total consumption of 1,139,471,430 tons.
- The United Kingdom consumes 625,356 cubic feet of Coal per capita every year (based on the 2016 population of 66,297,944 people), or 1,713 cubic feet per capita per day.
Coal Production in the United Kingdom
See also: List of countries by Coal Production
- The United Kingdom produces
4,605,230.72 tons (short tons, "st") of Coal per year (as of 2016) ranking 33rd in the world.
- The United Kingdom imports 21% of its Coal consumption (8,873,619 tons in 2016).
History of Coal Consumption and Production