Austria Natural Gas
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Gas Reserves in Austria
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 0.25 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 79th in the world and accounting for about
0.004% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Austria are less than even a single year of gas consumption (335,101 MMcf as of 2017), making Austria highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Austria Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 79th
| Share of World's Gas: 0.004 %
1 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Austria
Gas Consumption in Austria
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Austria consumes 335,101 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Austria ranks 51st in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 0.3% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Austria consumes 37,994 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 8,819,901 people), or 104 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Austria consumes in a year 1.4 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 494,582 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Austria
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Austria produces
44,602.85 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 69th in the world.
- Austria imports 73% of its natural gas consumption (214,433 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production