Belarus Natural Gas
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Gas Reserves in Belarus
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 0.10 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 92nd in the world and accounting for about
0.001% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Belarus are less than even a single year of gas consumption (625,429 MMcf as of 2017), making Belarus highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Belarus Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 92nd
| Share of World's Gas: 0.001 %
0 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Belarus
Gas Consumption in Belarus
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Belarus consumes 625,429 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Belarus ranks 40th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 0.5% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Belarus consumes 66,181 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 9,450,231 people), or 181 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Belarus consumes in a year 6.3 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 618,860 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Belarus
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Belarus produces
8,440.29 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 78th in the world.
- Belarus imports 100% of its natural gas consumption (610,950 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production