Czechia Natural Gas
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Gas Reserves in Czechia
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 0.14 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 91st in the world and accounting for about
0.002% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Czechia are less than even a single year of gas consumption (308,194 MMcf as of 2017), making Czechia highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Czechia Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 91st
| Share of World's Gas: 0.002 %
0 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Czechia
Gas Consumption in Czechia
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Czechia consumes 308,194 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Czechia ranks 52nd in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 0.2% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Czechia consumes 29,265 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 10,531,305 people), or 80 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Czechia consumes in a year 2.2 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 313,915 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Czechia
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Czechia produces
8,722.81 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 77th in the world.
- Czechia imports 95% of its natural gas consumption (263,944 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production