Greece Natural Gas
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Gas Reserves in Greece
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 0.04 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 96th in the world and accounting for about
0.0005% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Greece are less than even a single year of gas consumption (173,891 MMcf as of 2017), making Greece highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Greece Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 96th
| Share of World's Gas: 0.0005 %
0 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Greece
Gas Consumption in Greece
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Greece consumes 173,891 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Greece ranks 70th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Greece consumes 16,452 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 10,569,450 people), or 45 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Greece consumes in a year 5.0 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 175,727 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Greece
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Greece produces
141.26 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 96th in the world.
- Greece imports 101% of its natural gas consumption (111,666 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production