Hungary Natural Gas
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Gas Reserves in Hungary
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 0.27 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 78th in the world and accounting for about
0.004% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Hungary are less than even a single year of gas consumption (367,170 MMcf as of 2017), making Hungary highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Hungary Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 78th
| Share of World's Gas: 0.004 %
1 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Hungary
Gas Consumption in Hungary
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Hungary consumes 367,170 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Hungary ranks 48th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 0.3% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Hungary consumes 37,509 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 9,788,941 people), or 103 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Hungary consumes in a year 1.3 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 472,018 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Hungary
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Hungary produces
62,578.18 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 65th in the world.
- Hungary imports 66% of its natural gas consumption (220,542 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production