Italy Natural Gas
(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Million Cubic Ft |
|Global Rank |
| ||1,985,000 ||61st in the world |
| ||239,118 ||52nd in the world |
| ||2,384,575 ||12th in the world |
| -2,145,457 || |
|2,163,609 || |
|7,805 || |
| ||2,155,804 || |
Gas Reserves in Italy
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 1.74 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 61st in the world and accounting for about
0.025% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Italy are less than even a single year of gas consumption (2,653,955 MMcf as of 2017), making Italy highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Italy Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 61st
| Share of World's Gas: 0.025 %
1 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Italy
Gas Consumption in Italy
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Italy consumes 2,653,955 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Italy ranks 12th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 2.0% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Italy consumes 43,741 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 60,673,701 people), or 120 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Italy consumes in a year 1.5 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 2,459,723 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Italy
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Italy produces
239,117.87 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 52nd in the world.
- Italy imports 90% of its natural gas consumption (2,155,804 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production