Papua New Guinea Natural Gas
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Gas Reserves in Papua New Guinea
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
Papua New Guinea holds 5.00 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 47th in the world and accounting for about
0.072% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Papua New Guinea has proven reserves equivalent to 1,414.7 times its annual consumption. This means it has about 1,415 years of gas left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Papua New Guinea Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 47th
| Share of World's Gas: 0.072 %
1,415 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Papua New Guinea
Gas Consumption in Papua New Guinea
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Papua New Guinea consumes 3,532 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Papua New Guinea ranks 105th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 0.003% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Papua New Guinea consumes 419 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 8,438,036 people), or 1 cubic feet per capita per day.
Gas Production in Papua New Guinea
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Papua New Guinea produces
346,087.00 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 47th in the world.
- Papua New Guinea exports 99% of its natural gas production (342,556 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production