South Korea Natural Gas
(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Million Cubic Ft |
|Global Rank |
| ||250,000 ||81st in the world |
| ||6,639 ||80th in the world |
| ||1,565,231 ||19th in the world |
| -1,558,592 || |
|1,533,730 || |
|0 || |
| ||1,533,730 || |
Gas Reserves in South Korea
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
South Korea holds
only 0.25 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 81st in the world and accounting for about
0.004% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in South Korea are less than even a single year of gas consumption (1,677,108 MMcf as of 2017), making South Korea highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
South Korea Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 81st
| Share of World's Gas: 0.004 %
0 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in South Korea
Gas Consumption in South Korea
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- South Korea consumes 1,677,108 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- South Korea ranks 19th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 1.3% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- South Korea consumes 32,822 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 51,096,415 people), or 90 cubic feet per capita per day.
- South Korea consumes in a year 6.7 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 1,753,475 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in South Korea
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- South Korea produces
6,639.22 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 80th in the world.
- South Korea imports 98% of its natural gas consumption (1,533,730 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production