United Kingdom Natural Gas
(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Million Cubic Ft |
|Global Rank |
| ||8,502,000 ||41st in the world |
| ||1,675,238 ||21st in the world |
| ||2,543,775 ||11th in the world |
| -868,537 || |
|1,571,623 || |
|502,285 || |
| ||1,069,338 || |
Gas Reserves in the United Kingdom
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
The United Kingdom holds 7.32 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 41st in the world and accounting for about
0.106% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
The United Kingdom has proven reserves equivalent to 2.6 times its annual consumption. This means it has about 3 years of gas left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
United Kingdom Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 41st
| Share of World's Gas: 0.106 %
3 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in the United Kingdom
Gas Consumption in the United Kingdom
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- The United Kingdom consumes 2,795,569 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- The United Kingdom ranks 11th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 2.1% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- The United Kingdom consumes 41,895 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 66,727,461 people), or 115 cubic feet per capita per day.
Gas Production in the United Kingdom
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- The United Kingdom produces
1,675,237.66 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 21st in the world.
- The United Kingdom imports 42% of its natural gas consumption (1,069,338 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production