United Arab Emirates Natural Gas
(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Million Cubic Ft |
|Global Rank |
| ||215,098,000 ||7th in the world |
| ||3,178,738 ||10th in the world |
| ||2,621,819 ||10th in the world |
|+ 556,920 || |
|769,972 || |
|273,903 || |
| ||496,069 || |
Gas Reserves in the United Arab Emirates
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
The United Arab Emirates holds 215 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 7th in the world and accounting for about
3% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
The United Arab Emirates has proven reserves equivalent to 81.8 times its annual consumption. This means it has about 82 years of gas left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
United Arab Emirates Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 7th
| Share of World's Gas: 3.11 %
82 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in the United Arab Emirates
Gas Consumption in the United Arab Emirates
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- The United Arab Emirates consumes 2,630,329 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- The United Arab Emirates ranks 10th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 2.0% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- The United Arab Emirates consumes 277,250 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 9,487,203 people), or 760 cubic feet per capita per day.
Gas Production in the United Arab Emirates
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- The United Arab Emirates produces
3,178,738.47 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 10th in the world.
- The United Arab Emirates imports 19% of its natural gas consumption (496,069 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production