Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Bahrain
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Bahrain holds 124,560,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 67th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Bahrain has proven reserves equivalent to 5.5 times its annual consumption. This means that, without imports, there would be about 6 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 67th
| Share of World: 0.01 %
6 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Bahrain
Oil Consumption in Bahrain
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Bahrain consumes 62,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Bahrain ranks 91st in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Bahrain consumes 1.85 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 1,409,661 people), or 674 gallons per capita per year (16 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Bahrain
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Bahrain produces
63,886.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 59th in the world.
- Bahrain produces every year an amount equivalent to 18.7% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Bahrain imports 93% of its oil consumption (57,726 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production