Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Bangladesh
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Bangladesh holds 28,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 82nd in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Bangladesh are less than even a single year of oil consumption (41,245,000 barrels as of 2016), making Bangladesh highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 82nd
| Share of World: 0.00 %
1 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Bangladesh
Oil Consumption in Bangladesh
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Bangladesh consumes 113,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Bangladesh ranks 77th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Bangladesh consumes 0.03 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 157,977,153 people), or 11 gallons per capita per year (0 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Bangladesh
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Bangladesh produces
4,105.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 99th in the world.
- Bangladesh produces every year an amount equivalent to 5.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Bangladesh imports 21% of its oil consumption (23,554 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production