Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Benin
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Benin holds 8,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 92nd in the world and accounting for about
0.000% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Benin are less than even a single year of oil consumption (13,140,000 barrels as of 2016), making Benin highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 92nd
| Share of World: 0.000 %
1 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Benin
Oil Consumption in Benin
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Benin consumes 36,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Benin ranks 116th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Benin consumes 0.14 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 10,872,063 people), or 51 gallons per capita per year (1 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Benin
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Benin produces
0.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 128th in the world.
- Benin produces every year an amount equivalent to 0.0% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
Oil Imports and Exports
- Benin does not import nor exports any Oil (as of 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production