Brunei Darussalam Oil
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Brunei Darussalam
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Brunei Darussalam holds 1,100,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 39th in the world and accounting for about
0.1% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Brunei Darussalam has proven reserves equivalent to 188.4 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 188 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 39th
| Share of World: 0.07 %
188 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Brunei Darussalam
Oil Consumption in Brunei Darussalam
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Brunei Darussalam consumes 16,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Brunei Darussalam ranks 151st in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Brunei Darussalam consumes 1.58 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 425,994 people), or 576 gallons per capita per year (14 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Brunei Darussalam
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Brunei Darussalam produces
121,034.39 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 45th in the world.
- Brunei Darussalam produces every year an amount equivalent to 4.0% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Brunei Darussalam exports 91% of its oil production (109,747 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production