Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Bulgaria
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Bulgaria holds 15,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 84th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Bulgaria are less than even a single year of oil consumption (35,405,000 barrels as of 2016), making Bulgaria highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 84th
| Share of World: 0.00 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Bulgaria
Oil Consumption in Bulgaria
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Bulgaria consumes 97,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Bulgaria ranks 78th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Bulgaria consumes 0.57 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 7,151,953 people), or 208 gallons per capita per year (5 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Bulgaria
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Bulgaria produces
5,339.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 96th in the world.
- Bulgaria produces every year an amount equivalent to 13.0% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Bulgaria imports 130% of its oil consumption (125,642 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production