Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Cameroon
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Cameroon holds 200,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 55th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Cameroon has proven reserves equivalent to 13.7 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 14 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 55th
| Share of World: 0.01 %
14 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Cameroon
Oil Consumption in Cameroon
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Cameroon consumes 40,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Cameroon ranks 110th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Cameroon consumes 0.07 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 23,711,630 people), or 26 gallons per capita per year (1 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Cameroon
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Cameroon produces
92,469.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 52nd in the world.
- Cameroon produces every year an amount equivalent to 16.9% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Cameroon exports 43% of its oil production (40,216 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production