Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Chile
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Chile holds 150,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 60th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Chile has proven reserves equivalent to 1.2 times its annual consumption. This means that, without imports, there would be about 1 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 60th
| Share of World: 0.01 %
1 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Chile
Oil Consumption in Chile
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Chile consumes 351,989 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Chile ranks 41st in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.4% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Chile consumes 0.81 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 18,209,068 people), or 296 gallons per capita per year (7 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Chile
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Chile produces
12,858.50 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 89th in the world.
- Chile produces every year an amount equivalent to 3.1% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Chile imports 45% of its oil consumption (157,867 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production