Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Colombia
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Colombia holds 2,308,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 34th in the world and accounting for about
0.1% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Colombia has proven reserves equivalent to 17.7 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 18 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 34th
| Share of World: 0.14 %
18 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Colombia
Oil Consumption in Colombia
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Colombia consumes 357,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Colombia ranks 40th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.4% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Colombia consumes 0.31 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 48,175,052 people), or 114 gallons per capita per year (3 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Colombia
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Colombia produces
911,891.82 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 23rd in the world.
- Colombia produces every year an amount equivalent to 14.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Colombia exports 79% of its oil production (717,407 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production