DR Congo Oil
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in the DR Congo
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
The DR Congo holds 180,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 58th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
The DR Congo has proven reserves equivalent to 23.5 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 23 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 58th
| Share of World: 0.01 %
23 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in the DR Congo
Oil Consumption in the DR Congo
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- The DR Congo consumes 21,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- The DR Congo ranks 131st in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- The DR Congo consumes 0.01 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 78,789,127 people), or 4 gallons per capita per year (0 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in the DR Congo
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- The DR Congo produces
20,000.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 80th in the world.
- The DR Congo produces every year an amount equivalent to 4.1% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- The DR Congo exports 81% of its oil production (16,263 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production