Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Denmark
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Denmark holds 551,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 48th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Denmark has proven reserves equivalent to 9.5 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 10 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 48th
| Share of World: 0.03 %
10 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Denmark
Oil Consumption in Denmark
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Denmark consumes 158,194 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Denmark ranks 61st in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.2% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Denmark consumes 1.16 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 5,706,857 people), or 425 gallons per capita per year (10 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Denmark
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Denmark produces
145,673.61 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 40th in the world.
- Denmark produces every year an amount equivalent to 9.6% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Denmark exports 1% of its oil production (846 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production