Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Egypt
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Egypt holds 4,400,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 25th in the world and accounting for about
0.3% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Egypt has proven reserves equivalent to 13.7 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 14 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 25th
| Share of World: 0.27 %
14 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Egypt
Oil Consumption in Egypt
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Egypt consumes 877,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Egypt ranks 25th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.9% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Egypt consumes 0.39 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 94,447,073 people), or 142 gallons per capita per year (3 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Egypt
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Egypt produces
682,904.14 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 27th in the world.
- Egypt produces every year an amount equivalent to 5.7% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Egypt exports 25% of its oil production (169,884 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production