Equatorial Guinea Oil
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Equatorial Guinea
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Equatorial Guinea holds 1,100,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 39th in the world and accounting for about
0.1% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Equatorial Guinea has proven reserves equivalent to 579.6 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 580 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 39th
| Share of World: 0.07 %
580 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Equatorial Guinea
Oil Consumption in Equatorial Guinea
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Equatorial Guinea consumes 5,200 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Equatorial Guinea ranks 176th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.005% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Equatorial Guinea consumes 0.16 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 1,398,927 people), or 57 gallons per capita per year (1 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Equatorial Guinea
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Equatorial Guinea produces
244,000.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 34th in the world.
- Equatorial Guinea produces every year an amount equivalent to 8.1% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Equatorial Guinea exports 77% of its oil production (188,257 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production