Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Ethiopia
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Ethiopia holds 428,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 98th in the world and accounting for about
0.000% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Ethiopia are less than even a single year of oil consumption (27,010,000 barrels as of 2016), making Ethiopia highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 98th
| Share of World: 0.000 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Ethiopia
Oil Consumption in Ethiopia
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Ethiopia consumes 74,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Ethiopia ranks 87th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Ethiopia consumes 0.03 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 103,603,462 people), or 11 gallons per capita per year (0 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Ethiopia
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Ethiopia produces
354.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 116th in the world.
- Ethiopia produces every year an amount equivalent to 30.2% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
Oil Imports and Exports
- Ethiopia does not import nor exports any Oil (as of 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production