Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Gabon
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Gabon holds 2,000,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 35th in the world and accounting for about
0.1% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Gabon has proven reserves equivalent to 260.9 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 261 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 35th
| Share of World: 0.12 %
261 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Gabon
Oil Consumption in Gabon
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Gabon consumes 21,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Gabon ranks 131st in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Gabon consumes 0.42 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 2,086,206 people), or 154 gallons per capita per year (4 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Gabon
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Gabon produces
210,427.67 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 36th in the world.
- Gabon produces every year an amount equivalent to 3.8% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Gabon exports 98% of its oil production (205,218 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production