Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Guatemala
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Guatemala holds 83,070,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 71st in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Guatemala has proven reserves equivalent to 2.4 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 2 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 71st
| Share of World: 0.01 %
2 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Guatemala
Oil Consumption in Guatemala
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Guatemala consumes 93,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Guatemala ranks 82nd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Guatemala consumes 0.24 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 16,583,076 people), or 86 gallons per capita per year (2 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Guatemala
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Guatemala produces
12,032.70 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 93rd in the world.
- Guatemala produces every year an amount equivalent to 5.3% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Guatemala exports 76% of its oil production (9,094 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production