(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Barrels per Day ||Global Rank |
| ||4,376,194 ||7th in the world |
| ||1,803,999 ||12th in the world |
|+ 2,572,195 || |
|0 || |
|1,896,823 || |
| ||1,896,823 || |
Oil Reserves in Iran
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Iran holds 157,530,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 4th in the world and accounting for about
9.5% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Iran has proven reserves equivalent to 239.2 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 239 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 4th
| Share of World: 9.54 %
239 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Iran
Oil Consumption in Iran
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Iran consumes 1,803,999 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Iran ranks 12th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 1.9% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Iran consumes 0.95 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 79,563,989 people), or 348 gallons per capita per year (8 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Iran
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Iran produces
4,376,194.36 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 7th in the world.
- Iran produces every year an amount equivalent to 1.0% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Iran exports 43% of its oil production (1,896,823 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production