Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Israel
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Israel holds 13,953,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 87th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Israel are less than even a single year of oil consumption (86,230,751 barrels as of 2016), making Israel highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 87th
| Share of World: 0.00 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Israel
Oil Consumption in Israel
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Israel consumes 236,249 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Israel ranks 51st in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.2% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Israel consumes 1.22 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 8,108,985 people), or 447 gallons per capita per year (11 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Israel
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Israel produces
5,977.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 95th in the world.
- Israel produces every year an amount equivalent to 15.6% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Israel imports 92% of its oil consumption (217,657 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production