Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Kazakhstan
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Kazakhstan holds 30,000,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 12th in the world and accounting for about
1.8% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Kazakhstan has proven reserves equivalent to 252.9 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 253 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 12th
| Share of World: 1.82 %
253 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Kazakhstan
Oil Consumption in Kazakhstan
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Kazakhstan consumes 325,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Kazakhstan ranks 42nd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.3% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Kazakhstan consumes 0.76 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 18,078,553 people), or 276 gallons per capita per year (7 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Kazakhstan
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Kazakhstan produces
1,698,280.45 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 18th in the world.
- Kazakhstan produces every year an amount equivalent to 2.1% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Kazakhstan exports 73% of its oil production (1,245,106 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production