Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Kuwait
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Kuwait holds 101,500,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 6th in the world and accounting for about
6.1% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Kuwait has proven reserves equivalent to 774.6 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 775 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 6th
| Share of World: 6.15 %
775 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Kuwait
Oil Consumption in Kuwait
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Kuwait consumes 359,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Kuwait ranks 39th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.4% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Kuwait consumes 3.81 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 3,956,875 people), or 1,391 gallons per capita per year (33 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Kuwait
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Kuwait produces
2,990,544.14 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 10th in the world.
- Kuwait produces every year an amount equivalent to 1.1% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Kuwait exports 71% of its oil production (2,128,190 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production