Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Lithuania
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Lithuania holds 12,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 88th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Lithuania are less than even a single year of oil consumption (22,488,388 barrels as of 2016), making Lithuania highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 88th
| Share of World: 0.00 %
1 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Lithuania
Oil Consumption in Lithuania
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Lithuania consumes 61,612 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Lithuania ranks 92nd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Lithuania consumes 0.90 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 2,889,557 people), or 327 gallons per capita per year (8 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Lithuania
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Lithuania produces
10,336.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 94th in the world.
- Lithuania produces every year an amount equivalent to 31.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Lithuania imports 295% of its oil consumption (181,502 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production