Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Morocco
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Morocco holds 684,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 97th in the world and accounting for about
0.000% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Morocco are less than even a single year of oil consumption (100,375,000 barrels as of 2016), making Morocco highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 97th
| Share of World: 0.000 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Morocco
Oil Consumption in Morocco
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Morocco consumes 275,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Morocco ranks 45th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.3% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Morocco consumes 0.33 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 35,126,283 people), or 120 gallons per capita per year (3 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Morocco
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Morocco produces
160.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 123rd in the world.
- Morocco produces every year an amount equivalent to 8.5% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Morocco imports 25% of its oil consumption (67,713 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production