Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Niger
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Niger holds 150,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 60th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Niger has proven reserves equivalent to 34.2 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 34 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 60th
| Share of World: 0.01 %
34 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Niger
Oil Consumption in Niger
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Niger consumes 12,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Niger ranks 158th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Niger consumes 0.02 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 20,788,798 people), or 9 gallons per capita per year (0 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Niger
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Niger produces
13,497.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 87th in the world.
- Niger produces every year an amount equivalent to 3.3% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
Oil Imports and Exports
- Niger does not import nor exports any Oil (as of 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production