Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Oman
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Oman holds 5,306,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 21st in the world and accounting for about
0.3% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Oman has proven reserves equivalent to 79.4 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 79 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 21st
| Share of World: 0.32 %
79 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Oman
Oil Consumption in Oman
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Oman consumes 183,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Oman ranks 57th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.2% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Oman consumes 1.72 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 4,479,219 people), or 626 gallons per capita per year (15 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Oman
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Oman produces
1,015,511.57 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 21st in the world.
- Oman produces every year an amount equivalent to 7.0% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Oman exports 87% of its oil production (887,500 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production