Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Pakistan
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Pakistan holds 353,500,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 52nd in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Pakistan has proven reserves equivalent to 1.7 times its annual consumption. This means that, without imports, there would be about 2 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 52nd
| Share of World: 0.02 %
2 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Pakistan
Oil Consumption in Pakistan
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Pakistan consumes 556,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Pakistan ranks 33rd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.6% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Pakistan consumes 0.11 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 203,631,353 people), or 42 gallons per capita per year (1 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Pakistan
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Pakistan produces
88,261.73 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 53rd in the world.
- Pakistan produces every year an amount equivalent to 9.1% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Pakistan imports 24% of its oil consumption (135,201 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production