Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in the Philippines
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
The Philippines holds 138,500,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 64th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in the Philippines are less than even a single year of oil consumption (156,585,000 barrels as of 2016), making the Philippines highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 64th
| Share of World: 0.01 %
1 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in the Philippines
Oil Consumption in the Philippines
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- The Philippines consumes 429,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- The Philippines ranks 35th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.4% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- The Philippines consumes 0.17 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 103,663,816 people), or 63 gallons per capita per year (2 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in the Philippines
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- The Philippines produces
33,258.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 71st in the world.
- The Philippines produces every year an amount equivalent to 8.8% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- The Philippines imports 52% of its oil consumption (222,133 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production