Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Spain
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Spain holds 150,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 60th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Spain are less than even a single year of oil consumption (470,872,937 barrels as of 2016), making Spain highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 60th
| Share of World: 0.01 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Spain
Oil Consumption in Spain
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Spain consumes 1,290,063 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Spain ranks 18th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 1.3% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Spain consumes 1.16 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 46,634,140 people), or 424 gallons per capita per year (10 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Spain
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Spain produces
71,782.67 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 55th in the world.
- Spain produces every year an amount equivalent to 17.5% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Spain imports 100% of its oil consumption (1,292,187 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production