Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Sudan
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Sudan holds 5,000,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 23rd in the world and accounting for about
0.3% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Sudan has proven reserves equivalent to 97.8 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 98 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 23rd
| Share of World: 0.30 %
98 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Sudan
Oil Consumption in Sudan
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Sudan consumes 140,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Sudan ranks 68th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Sudan consumes 0.15 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 39,377,169 people), or 55 gallons per capita per year (1 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Sudan
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Sudan produces
107,852.58 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 48th in the world.
- Sudan produces every year an amount equivalent to 0.8% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Sudan exports 21% of its oil production (22,315 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production