Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Suriname
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Suriname holds 99,980,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 69th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Suriname has proven reserves equivalent to 21.1 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 21 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 69th
| Share of World: 0.01 %
21 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Suriname
Oil Consumption in Suriname
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Suriname consumes 13,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Suriname ranks 155th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Suriname consumes 0.97 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 564,888 people), or 353 gallons per capita per year (8 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Suriname
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Suriname produces
16,401.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 82nd in the world.
- Suriname produces every year an amount equivalent to 6.0% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
Oil Imports and Exports
- Suriname does not import nor exports any Oil (as of 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production