Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Syria
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Syria holds 2,500,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 31st in the world and accounting for about
0.2% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Syria has proven reserves equivalent to 48.9 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 49 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 31st
| Share of World: 0.15 %
49 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Syria
Oil Consumption in Syria
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Syria consumes 140,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Syria ranks 68th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Syria consumes 0.31 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 18,964,252 people), or 113 gallons per capita per year (3 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Syria
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Syria produces
34,601.67 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 70th in the world.
- Syria produces every year an amount equivalent to 0.5% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
Oil Imports and Exports
- Syria does not import nor exports any Oil (as of 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production