Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Taiwan
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Taiwan holds 2,380,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 94th in the world and accounting for about
0.000% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Taiwan are less than even a single year of oil consumption (358,139,095 barrels as of 2016), making Taiwan highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 94th
| Share of World: 0.000 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Taiwan
Oil Consumption in Taiwan
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Taiwan consumes 981,203 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Taiwan ranks 21st in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 1.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Taiwan consumes 1.74 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 23,618,200 people), or 637 gallons per capita per year (15 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Taiwan
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Taiwan produces
29,504.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 73rd in the world.
- Taiwan produces every year an amount equivalent to 452.5% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Taiwan imports 83% of its oil consumption (811,120 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production