Trinidad and Tobago Oil
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Trinidad and Tobago
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Trinidad and Tobago holds 728,300,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 41st in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Trinidad and Tobago has proven reserves equivalent to 35.0 times its annual consumption. This means that, without imports, there would be about 35 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 41st
| Share of World: 0.04 %
35 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Trinidad and Tobago
Oil Consumption in Trinidad and Tobago
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Trinidad and Tobago consumes 57,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Trinidad and Tobago ranks 95th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Trinidad and Tobago consumes 1.74 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 1,377,560 people), or 634 gallons per capita per year (15 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Trinidad and Tobago
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Trinidad and Tobago produces
97,725.61 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 50th in the world.
- Trinidad and Tobago produces every year an amount equivalent to 4.9% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Trinidad and Tobago imports 55% of its oil consumption (31,383 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production