Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Tunisia
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Tunisia holds 425,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 49th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Tunisia has proven reserves equivalent to 12.0 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 12 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 49th
| Share of World: 0.03 %
12 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Tunisia
Oil Consumption in Tunisia
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Tunisia consumes 97,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Tunisia ranks 78th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Tunisia consumes 0.36 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 11,303,945 people), or 132 gallons per capita per year (3 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Tunisia
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Tunisia produces
41,634.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 68th in the world.
- Tunisia produces every year an amount equivalent to 3.6% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Tunisia exports 40% of its oil production (16,709 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production