Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Turkmenistan
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Turkmenistan holds 600,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 44th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Turkmenistan has proven reserves equivalent to 11.0 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 11 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 44th
| Share of World: 0.04 %
11 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Turkmenistan
Oil Consumption in Turkmenistan
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Turkmenistan consumes 149,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Turkmenistan ranks 67th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.2% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Turkmenistan consumes 1.07 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 5,868,561 people), or 389 gallons per capita per year (9 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Turkmenistan
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Turkmenistan produces
266,426.69 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 33rd in the world.
- Turkmenistan produces every year an amount equivalent to 16.2% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Turkmenistan exports 26% of its oil production (68,857 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production