Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Yemen
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Yemen holds 3,000,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 29th in the world and accounting for about
0.2% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Yemen has proven reserves equivalent to 137.0 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 137 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 29th
| Share of World: 0.18 %
137 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Yemen
Oil Consumption in Yemen
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Yemen consumes 60,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Yemen ranks 93rd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Yemen consumes 0.09 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 27,168,208 people), or 34 gallons per capita per year (1 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Yemen
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Yemen produces
21,959.67 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 79th in the world.
- Yemen produces every year an amount equivalent to 0.3% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Yemen exports 40% of its oil production (8,875 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production