Spain Natural Gas
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Gas Reserves in Spain
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 0.09 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 93rd in the world and accounting for about
0.0013% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Spain are less than even a single year of gas consumption (1,104,334 MMcf as of 2017), making Spain highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Spain Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 93rd
| Share of World's Gas: 0.0013 %
0 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Spain
Gas Consumption in Spain
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Spain consumes 1,104,334 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Spain ranks 31st in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 0.8% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Spain consumes 23,674 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 46,647,428 people), or 65 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Spain consumes in a year 12.3 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 1,222,852 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Spain
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Spain produces
2,189.53 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 86th in the world.
- Spain imports 97% of its natural gas consumption (965,018 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production