Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Congo
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Congo holds 1,600,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 36th in the world and accounting for about
0.1% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Congo has proven reserves equivalent to 257.9 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 258 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 36th
| Share of World: 0.10 %
258 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Congo
Oil Consumption in Congo
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Congo consumes 17,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Congo ranks 147th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Congo consumes 0.14 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 4,980,996 people), or 52 gallons per capita per year (1 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Congo
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Congo produces
204,735.33 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 37th in the world.
- Congo produces every year an amount equivalent to 4.7% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Congo exports 95% of its oil production (194,690 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production