Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Myanmar
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Myanmar holds 50,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 76th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Myanmar has proven reserves equivalent to 1.1 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 1 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 76th
| Share of World: 0.00 %
1 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Myanmar
Oil Consumption in Myanmar
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Myanmar consumes 123,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Myanmar ranks 74th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Myanmar consumes 0.10 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 53,045,201 people), or 36 gallons per capita per year (1 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Myanmar
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Myanmar produces
15,634.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 85th in the world.
- Myanmar produces every year an amount equivalent to 11.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Myanmar exports 17% of its oil production (2,702 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production