Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in the Netherlands
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
The Netherlands holds 140,892,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 63rd in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in the Netherlands are less than even a single year of oil consumption (342,040,902 barrels as of 2016), making the Netherlands highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 63rd
| Share of World: 0.01 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in the Netherlands
Oil Consumption in the Netherlands
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- The Netherlands consumes 937,098 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- The Netherlands ranks 23rd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 1.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- The Netherlands consumes 2.32 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 16,981,295 people), or 846 gallons per capita per year (20 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in the Netherlands
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- The Netherlands produces
70,128.43 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 57th in the world.
- The Netherlands produces every year an amount equivalent to 18.2% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- The Netherlands imports 116% of its oil consumption (1,083,853 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production